Sunday, March 8, 2009

March of the Tools

You might have noticed from the button on my sidebar that I joined Heather Bailey's March of the Tools. If you click on the button, you'll be taken to Heather Bailey's site where she has a list of all the participants.



Today's tool is my traveling pincushion. I use this for all my hand sewing (mainly finishing bindings) and keep it in my sewing box. What I like about it is the safety aspect - the top fits on very securely so that even if a pin or needle comes loose, it will be in the container and not loose in your sewing box or on the floor. I have a bit of a "thing" about pins and needles on the floor where someone could step on one. It was a big concern when my daughter was little, and later when we got the dog.

I've had this a long time and can't remember where I got it but I think you could make one pretty easily. The Container Store sells small plastic boxes similar to this one and all you would need to do is make a little pincushion and glue it in the smaller section (which is the lid - the larger section then becomes the lid to the pincushion.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.