Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Projects In the Queue

Cleaning and organizing my sewing room has brought to light just how many projects I have in various phases of construction. It's time to make some decisions. Do I finish them now, store them away for later, or toss.

You may remember this project: Christmas Pickle. I enjoyed the paper piecing and made all the blocks. Then I lost interest. Maybe interest will re-visit closer to Christmas.


At the quilt show a couple of weeks ago, I bought the Second Hand Clothes pattern to make up in my Legacy Collection fabrics. I have a lot of heart for this and just need the solid fabric coordinate. And the time...



I have an entire Rubbermaid bin full of fabric odds and ends that coordinate with the various upholstery fabrics and colors in our family room. My intention to to make Summer Rental from Miss Rosie's Quilt Co. as well as a quilt that was shown in Australian Homespun magazine.


At a quilt show last winter, I bought Stratavarious Quilts. I have lots of fat quarters and scraps in the blue/aqua/green range that I intend to use in a pattern shown in the book. Think I can get it finished before the next Quilt Fest of New Jersey?


I've been working on these dresden plate blocks for a couple of years. The "plates" are made but need to be sewn on the backgrounds, a process I started by hand, pre-Bernina. I work on this project whenever I need something portable, which hasn't been very often lately.



And Paper Roses. In this photo you can get a glimpse of the fabrics that will go with the rose blocks. This is the project I am actively working on. I should finish it up in the next few weeks. Then I'll select one of the others and get cracking!








No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.