Sunday, September 13, 2009

Some Work on Paper Roses


I started on the rose blocks for Paper Roses. They are pieced using paper as a foundation (not printed, just a blank sheet - helps with accuracy). Similar to log cabin blocks, except the center is a pentagon instead of a square. I think a hexagon would give a similar effect. I have seven blocks completely pieced; they will be cut to size later.

Miss Main Street needed a trip to Modell's for field hockey gear and, wow, Michael's was right next door. Armed with a 40% off coupon, I went in and bought this mini iron to help with applique. A regular iron is working just fine for the Paper Roses but I think this will come in handy on the more intricate pieces I intend to try later this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.