Wednesday, October 14, 2009

One Christmas Gift Finished



These towels will be a gift for my mother. I used kitchen towels I found at Target and embellished them with scraps of fabric and rick rack. The fabric was left over from making this quilt, called Dutch Treat.



I made the quilt as a gift for my mother last year. While on vacation, she bought the reddish tone-on-tone fabric at Den Haan & Wagenmakers, a store in Amsterdam that reproduces vintage chintz designs. The prints are from a Moda line (I think it was called Kashmir). Mom uses the quilt on the couch in her family room, which is visible from the kitchen, so I thought some coordinating towels would be a nice touch.

The towels were a fast and easy project. I might make more using holiday fabrics and give them as hostess gifts.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.