Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I'm Starting A Christmas Quilt Now...

...so I can finish it for Christmas 2010!



A couple of weeks ago, Carrie Nelson of Miss Rosie's Quilt Co. blogged about her Christmas quilts. I was particularly attracted to one called Brand New Day. It looked like it would be perfect for my hoarded stash of Robyn Pandolph Folk Art Christmas and Aubrey Rose prints. They go back a few years and, really, I should use them because they are beautiful and so perfect for our house. So I ordered the pattern...





...and when the pattern arrived, I got out my stash to see what would work best. It will be one of these three for the border and alternating squares...




...with these prints for the pieced star blocks.



I still have to pull the light prints for block backgrounds out of my stash (or maybe I need to buy some) and figure out what to use for the setting triangles. I have two different tone-on-tone reds I can use for the inner border and binding, as well as a tone-on-tone green just in case.


And when it's all from your stash, it's practically like getting a quilt for free! Right!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.