Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Need To Make A Christmas Gift, Part 3 - Embellished Kitchen Towel


You might recall that about six weeks ago I found some towels at HomeGoods that are cute as they are, but would be even better if embellished. I blogged about the towels here.

So, I just finished the first one. Cute, yes?

I used a pale blue with silver metallic Hoffman print for the prairie points while the band is a mottled light blue with opalescent snowflakes. There is some white ric rac at the top of the band but it doesn't show up against the white towel in the photos. The snowmen were already embroidered on the purchased towel. The top photo shows the towel hanging from our stove handle.

Much as I like it, I think it will be going to live at someone else's house. It took me about 45 minutes to whip up but I think I could make several assembly-line fashion in an hour or so. I have more towels so I better get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.