Saturday, January 30, 2010

Old Gold and Blue - Plan B

As I mentioned before, I am working on a quilt for the auction fundraiser at my daughter's school.  It is in the school colors, gold and blue.



I made speedy progress until I reached this point.  In the photo above, you see the two panels for the quilt.  A third panel, with the school name, is supposed to go inbetween.  But once I saw it like this, I thought, uh oh!  Those wide open spaces call for top-notch quilting.  And I am not a top-notch quilter, not yet anyway (if ever).  I need more practice on my Bernina before I even attempt it. 

So after due consideration, I decided to put this version away.  With a little more quilting practice, it could be my contribution to  the 2011auction.  But in the meantime, on to Plan B.


Plan B is based on blocks like this.  Does anyone know the name of this block?  Something original, like 16-patch, perhaps?  Anyway, I need 61 of them and they are going together splendidly.  And the busy-ness will help hide any imperfections in the quilting. 

I have to get back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.