Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Wednesday Weigh-In



My midlife metabolism (or lack of) has caught up to me.   It is a constant battle to balance the food intake and exercise schedule to maintain equilibrium, and lately, I've been losing the battle.  So, like apparently 50% of America, I am going on a weight-loss diet. 

My goal is to lose 20 pounds by July 4.  I'm taking two steps, besides eat less and exercise more, to make reaching my goal a reality. 
  1. Write down what I eat; I bought a little notebook for this purpose.  The idea is that if you have to write it down, maybe you won't eat the hot fudge sundae afterall.
  2. Go public.  That's why I am telling you.  Statcounter says there are about 500 of you a month (I'm very flattered!) so I figure if I have to tell you how much I lost each week, it will help keep me on the eating right path.  I think this is the philosophy behind Weight Watchers meetings. 
So, not to bore you, but every Wednesday, I'll have a short tally of how much I lost during the past week, and the total loss so far.  And maybe some chatter about what's helping me stick to the plan. 

But every other day, I'll be back to the regular quilting content.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.