Thursday, February 11, 2010

Matching Pillows To Quilts - The Decorator Look

I usually take photos of my quilts on my bed so you may have noticed I have some pillow shams that coordinate with the quilts I've made for my own bedroom.  I made these several years ago, using a Seaside Rose print from Moda that coordinates with my primary quilts.  My inner interior designer makes me do this. 

Here are the shams and an accent pillow with the fall/winter quilt:



And with the spring/summer quilt:



I've been meaning to make some new ones but have put it off because I don't enjoy making the ruffles.  Well, today I saw a new post from Heather at Trends and Traditions about her new book, all about making shams to coordinate with your bed quilts!  Take a look because they are fabulous!.  She uses binding that looks like piping or a flanged edge, so no ruffles.  This new book is definitely going on my To-Buy list.  

Heather Mulder Peterson is a prolific quilt designer.  She publishes under the Anka's Treasures name and has a particularly creative way with pre-cuts (you know, jelly rolls. layer cakes, charm packs).

1 comment:

  1. I make mostly pillow cases to match my quilts, but I sure do love your shams!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.