Saturday, February 27, 2010

Summer Romance - Finished



Summer Romance is finished - quilted, bound, labeled, and...


...on the bed.  I've very happy with it and it adds a bit of cheer to our bedroom in the midst of all our gloomy, cold weather. 


Here's a close-up of the quilting, a swirly feather pattern.  In case you missed my earlier posts on this project, I string-pieced (or strip pieced) the blocks on paper foundations.  I used stash fabrics, cut in random widths of 1.25 inches to 2.5 inches and put a strip of solid white down the diagonal center of each block for some uniformity.

I have an idea for some coordinating pillowcases.  They're on my to-do list so check back in a bit for more on that.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my - it's beautiful. I can well imagine how much you love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer Romance is just lovely! Congratulations on a great finish!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.