Sunday, March 21, 2010

New Start, Near Finish

The past week has been lots of Powerpoint and not much sewing.  I'm so busy with work that I didn't have time to get into my sewing room at all during the work week and only for a short time this weekend. 

I finished the quilting on Old Gold and Blue.  I used gray thread because it worked on both the gold and blue fabrics, and quilted in straight lines using my walking foot.  All the quilting is done and I attached the binding.





I have to finish the binding (the hand sewing part) and attach the label then this one will be off to the auction.

I decided on the fabric to use for the Pillowcase Crochet Along.  I'm using the pale pink floral stripe, with white yarn for the edging.  I've got a pair of pillowcases cut out - only about two weeks behind!



The last few late nights were spent with this book...the second Flavia de Luce mystery.  As entertaining as the first; I highly recommend it.


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing the quilting on your auction quilt, I think you did a great job! How did you quilt the stars in the corners?

    I'm always amazed how so many make time to sew after working all day, I never could do it. I hope you have a better week this week.

    I"m always on the lookout for a new author, thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow -- what a cool quilt -- I love the colors. And I'm right in there with you on the pillowcases -- I'm way behind too. I'm hoping to get caught up this week!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.