Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Sold!

Remember this quilt?


The school fundraising auction was 10 days ago and I found out my quilt, part of the silent auction, sold for $300.  I think that's pretty good.  Of course, not much on an hourly basis when you consider all the time that goes into making a quilt but I don't believe buyers think about that and tend to value handmade quilts like the "made in China" quilts found at chain stores.  Anyway, I think I'll be making another quilt for next year's auction.

The star item at the auction, the item that got the highest bid, was a package of four tickets for grandstand seats at the 2010 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York City.  It sold for $10,000 in heated bidding!  I could not believe it!  Given the early weather, the crowds, the probable cold, the crowds, and especially the crowds, you would have to pay me $10,000 to go to the parade.  Crowds are not my thing!  I'd rather stay home and quilt while I watch the parade on tv. 


1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on crowds! Congratulations on getting $300 for your quilt, it's a real eye catcher.

    I've never been to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade but have always wanted to go to the Tournament of Roses Parade in Pasadena, Cal, but not enough to pony up $10,000 for tickets!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.