Saturday, July 10, 2010

I Need Advice On Fabric Selection

I've been working on my version of Brand New Day, tentatively called Christmas Day, and I need your help on my final fabric selection for the unpieced blocks, setting triangles, and border. 
 
 
I am making my version out of my hoarded stash of Robyn Pandolph Folk Art and Aubrey Rose fabrics; purchased long ago and unlikely I could get more.  My original plan was to use the floral pirnt on off-white for the unpieced blocks and border, the floral print on green for the setting triangles, and deep red for the narrow inner border.  I tested that out:
 
 
The blocks look a bit lost on this print.  How about the green for the unpieced blocks?
 
 
I like that much better.  But then what do I do for the setting triangles?  And border?  And here's an alternative green floral print.
 


I've come up with several alternatives.  Please leave a comment letting me know what you think works best!

  1. Use the green floral for the unpieced blocks, the setting triangles, and the border, with a red narrow inner border and binding.
  2. Use the green floral for the unpieced blocks and border, the white floral for the setting triangles, and red narrow inner border and binding.
  3. Use the green floral for the unpieced blocks and border, find a red that works for the setting triangles.
  4. Put a narrow (1/2") red border around the star blocks, then use the white floral for the unpieced blocks, with green for setting triangles and border, with narrow red inner border.
  5. Something else?
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

1 comment:

  1. I would use the second green floral for the unpieced blocks and the triangles. Next a thin red border and then the white floral for the outer border. I don't see that the setting triangles need to be different and I think it will "flow" nicely.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.