Friday, October 1, 2010

Holiday Open House

I gave myself a little break from the-work-that-pays today and took myself off to my LQS for their Holiday Open House.  Pennington Quilt Works was showcasing their new holiday projects and gift ideas.  They do this every year and it is always a fun time to shop and try out a small (free) project.  I came home with a small candlemat I made in the store, learning a new-to-me technique that I think I will apply to make sets of placemats. 

Oh, I also have two new projects!  Both are out of books by Nancy Halvorsen of Art to Heart.  The first is a set of appliqued dish towels.  I'll be making the small "joy joy" towel shown in the center of the book cover.  I bought some toweling fabric (the beige and cream stripe) but you can also use readymade towels.


And I'm going to make the Merry Christmas banner shown in the upper left corner of picture below.  The store is selling a kit for this, which I bought, but they also have the "I Believe" book by Nancy Halvorsen with the pattern and directions available separately. 


I know, I know, I needed these projects like I need a hole in the head but hey, there was a third project that sorely tempted me yet I resisted.  So it could have been worse!

If you are in central NJ or Bucks County, PA, you might take yourself over to Pennington Quilt Works on Saturday.  I bet you'll have a good time and find something new to make.

1 comment:

  1. I have the Merry Christmas banner in process right now. It was the first project I picked to start when I purchased that book last year. Of course I thought I would have it done by last Christmas and now it looks like I may not even make this Christmas!

    Can't wait to see your finished projects. I'm sure you will be done before me LOL.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.