Monday, October 18, 2010

Test Block

I let myself be distracted from hand quilting this weekend and cut into my turquoise fabrics.


I got a fair amount of cutting done then made a test block.


While this Thimbleblossoms pattern, Picnic Rollup, was my inspiration, I am constructing my blocks a little differently from the pattern.  The pattern calls for a jelly roll and the instructions were probably designed to get the most out of your 40 strips.  But I am using fat quarters and scraps and found my piecing method works better for the fabric I have on hand. 


I plan to use solid white for the sashing but I need to get fabric for the borders, backing, and binding.  Oh goody, a trip to the quilt shop!




1 comment:

  1. That first test block, always so much pressure, the expectations are high, but it's usually the most fun block to make.

    You know me, why follow the directions when a better method or combination is calling your name!

    I love your first block, it did not disappoint!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.