Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Making Another Miss Rosie's Quilt Co. Quilt

I finished my Splash top then cleaned up my sewing space before beginning the next project.  Week One and so far, so good, with the resolutions!

I am using my fat quarters of Rural Jardin to make Ginger Belle, another pattern from Miss Rosie's Quilt Co.  This pattern came out in 2006.  I've been meaning to make it for ages and I think the Rural Jardin prints are perfect for it.  Typical of Miss Rosie's patterns, there are a gazillion pieces!



Much of the piecing involves making "units," which are then combined into blocks.  The top is made up of 13 Ohio Star blocks and 12 Irish Chain sort-of blocks; I say sort of, because they feature a bit of a "twist" to make the design zing.  A pieced border (that appears to be part of the blocks) finishes the top.



I'm starting with the four-patch blocks.  They start with strip-piecing, which I finished on Sunday afternoon.  Turning the strips into four-patch blocks is a perfect weekday step for me, because it can be done in 30 minutes or so here and there, which is what I have for quilting after my grown-up day-job.

There is a lot of piecing involved in Ginger Belle so it could take me a while.  Stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. I love Miss Rosie Quilts! and now I think I'll need to add Ginger Belle to my list of to do's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really nice pattern, good choice of fabrics! I have the Rural Jardin FQ bundle too. I have found a Miss Rosie’s pattern to use it on too, though I can’t remember the name of it right now… I have too many in my head! Have fun on your new project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is one of my goals this year to do a Shnibbles pattern, I think they are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Ginger Belle and Rural Jardin, I think you've found the perfect match. Good Luck with the piecing, you'll be amazed how much you can accomplish in little bits of time. I"ll be eagerly watching your progress! I've been working with Rural Jardin too, I think it's just lovely fabric.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.