Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Uneven Nine Patch

I started working on the uneven 9-patch blocks needed for my next project.  I have 15 of 63 made.  This part of the contruction will be good for weekday evenings.



The blocks are part of the quilt that appeared on the cover of the latest (April 2011) American Patchwork & Quilting magazine.  As soon as I saw the cover, I knew I had to make it!



So far, it is all from stash.  I had a lot of dark browns left from the layer cake I used for Aging Gracefully and am using them for the center and corner blocks in the uneven 9-patches.  I'll use some dark brown yardage I have from that Moda collection for the sashing and mini-borders and raid my stash for the light background prints.  I think I even have something for the backing so this could be a "free" quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.