Sunday, May 8, 2011

Making Pillowcases

Touched by Carol of Brown Quilts account of her friend who has been making and delivering quilts and pillowcases to soldiers in the hospital and rehab centers, I offered to make some pillowcases.  Well, I don't like to procrastinate so Friday evening after dinner I got started.  I sifted through my stash for patriot prints, found some things that were perfect (and in just the right amounts - it was meant to be!) and whipped up two pillowcases in no time. 



And I really mean no time.  We're late diners but I had these two made and was reading in bed by 10 pm.  I'll mail them to Carol later this week.  If you'd like to help, read her story here and let her know by leaving a comment.  She'll get back to you with her mailing address.  There are many tutorials for pillowcases out in blogland, so if you're not sure how to make one, Google pillowcase tutorial and take your pick.

Pillowcases are so quick and easy, I really should make more to match my quilts.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! for the pillowcases and for spreading the news...she's going to be sooooooooooooo excited. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.