Monday, June 6, 2011

It Must Be The Luck Of The Irish!

Look what I found on eBay!


A fat quarter bundle of Etchings, by 3 Sisters for Moda, and a fat quarter bundle of Butterscotch and Rose, by Fig Tree for Moda.  I don't go on eBay that often, but was surfing for about five minutes when I stumbled on these from one seller.  The fabric will be in stores in September and October so I have a bit of time to figure out what to make then buy the yardage for borders, binding, backing, etc.



This is Butterscotch and Rose, a collection of 32 prints.  I love the colors, which are fairly typical of Fig Tree, though the red is a bit more intense than usual.  These will play nicely with the other fabrics in my stash from earlier Fig Tree collections. 


 I have something in mind for the Etchings bundle (just ordered the pattern online) that will use the reds, dark grays, and the light backgrounds, leaving the blues for another project.  This collection is unusual in that there are a lot of light background-type prints.  Besides the typical 3 Sisters paisleys and florals, the collection includes fabrics with maps, architecture-type drawings of buildings,


a floral that I particularly like,


a large wallpaper stripe,


and this print with reproduced handwriting.


This purchase could be enough to keep me busy through the end of the year!

3 comments:

  1. What a great find on Ebay!! I can't wait to see what you make with these fabrics. Love your blog !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you!! I was anxious to see the drawing piece! Thanks for showing it. Can't wait to see what you make out of these beauties!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you is right! Love the 3 Sisters group!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.