Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Star Blocks Finished

I finished the teeny tiny star blocks over the weekend - yahoo!  I made 18 blocks after I decided on a diagonal setting.  Each block finishes at 10" square.  That leaves me with a few leftover stars; they may appear on the quilt back.




I'm putting the blocks aside, along with the fabric for the sashing, setting triangles, backing, and binding, until August.  I have a fews odds and ends to do this week, like backs for tops that need to be quilted.  Our weekend plans won't leave time for sewing, then it will be time for Christmas in July!  I can resume work on this one in August.




3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see all your blocks all together!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start, I love those little stars. I'll be eager to see how it looks all together, I like your idea of going with a secondary diagonal design, very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I love these little star quilt blocks.
    can't wait to see the whole quilt
    instead of putting the left overs on the back, why not make a little quilt from each block
    add a border or not and just quilt it up
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.