Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Frequent Flyer Returns To The Nest

Do you remember Frequent Flyer?  You're forgiven if you can't recall; I finished the flimsy back in April then sent it to be quilted. 


I saw the quilt on the cover of American Patchwork & Quilting and had to make my own version.  I had the fabric for it in my stash so could get to work right away.


The finished quilt was waiting for me when I returned home from my trip with Miss Main Street. Longarmer Kari Smith-Ruedisale did a fantastic job!




Kari quilted a feather wreath in each square and a triangular feather motif in each light triangle. 


The inner border contains a diamond-shaped cable.  I am so pleased with the way it turned out.  Time to bind! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.