Thursday, November 17, 2011

Ruby's Ribbon Box Quilt

My version of Ruby's Ribbon Box - I'm calling it Christmas Ribbons - is quilted, bound, labeled, and ready for Christmas decorating!


Here is Christmas Ribbons on the window seat in our living room.  I made it out of a few fatquarters and leftovers but the pattern is written for use with a layer cake (10" squares).  Karen Thompson did the machine quilting, using an all-over swirling design. 


I especially like the way the border echoes the block and I managed to retain all the points when attaching the binding.


I used this fabric from In The Beginning (from the Wintergraphix line)  for the backing.  It looks like swirling ribbons to me. 


There's still a few hours remaining to enter my giveaway for a copy of Patchwork Among Friends.  Go here to leave a comment and get your name in the drawing. 


1 comment:

  1. That came out gorgeous and the fabric for the backing you chose is Perfect ! Looks just perfect on your window seat , now you are ready for Xmas

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.