Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Sew The Perfect Gift - A Book Review

It was love at first sight when I saw the pincushion on the cover of this book!



Could it be any more darling!

Sew The Perfect Gift is a compilation of smaller items to make, all designed by different craftspeople, and all suitable for gift-giving.  You will recognize many of the names:  Kim Diehl, Kim Brackett, Vanessa Christenson, and other names your will know from their blogs, books, and patterns. 

In the quilting section, there is a candle mat, table topper, table runner, and a small wall hanging.  But anyone with quilting skills will be able to tackle other projects, such as the pincushion, gardener's apron, pillows, and various bags.  There are even a few Christmas themed items as well as cool things made from recycled fabric such as the wristlet made from an old sweater.  This would make a good case for holding an ipod or cell phone.

If you like to make gift items and are looking for some new ideas, check out Sew The Perfect Gift. 

I have a few sewing gifts planned but I haven't even started yet.  There are only 45 days left until Christmas so I need to get cracking!   What am I making, you ask?  Pillowcases and boxer shorts pajamas using novelty fabric. 




1 comment:

  1. Cathy, I'm going to have to watch for this book. It sounds like the perfect book for finding those kind of special gifts I will want to make for Holiday giving AND year around. Thanks for the great review! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.