Wednesday, February 13, 2013

This Basket Must Have Magic Properties

About a year ago, I started the Fig Tree Harvest.  This is what I call my attempt to use all the pretty Fig Tree Quilts fabrics I had been buying but hoarding in my stash rather than using.  Time to put them to use and make a series of pretty quilts.

I took all the Fig Tree out of my stash closet.  I had three fat quarter bundles, a fat eighth bundle, a layer cake, a partial jelly roll, a few miscellaneous fat quarters, some scraps, and several larger pieces I had purchased with borders and backs in mind.  I put the border and backing pieces in a shopping bag and the rest in this basket.

 
The basket is 11" by 15" by 9" high.  It was full with the fat quarters and othe pre-cuts.  Since starting Fig Tree Harvest, I've made two quilts, both on the larger size.

 
Hello Sunshine

 
Summertime
 
I made a third, but it used only a charm pack, so barely counts. I started the Many Trips quilt and pulled 18 fat quarters out of the basket for my next project.  So why is this basket still full?!!!
 
 
Could the fabric be multiplying in there?  Do precuts have babies?  Or is there some sort of loaves and fishes situation going on here, where I will never run out of Fig Tree fabric and will be making these quilts in perpetuity?  Ths shopping bag is still full of borders and backs too.  Looking on the bright side, I have a few more ideas up my sleeve in my head.
 
 

6 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure my blue scraps are multiplying in their bin - I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that same basket, but it holds my notions.. I find it is always overflowing...
    Why I'm tired of a certain print and I'm ready to leave it behind, I piece my backings with the left over. I got rid if my Etchings fabric that way. Makes for a really interesting back and gets rid of the "extra" fabric. I think i missed the dresden quilt when you made it. It is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've made some beauties from your magic basket. I see quite a few more beauties coming soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha - I love that - "do precuts have babies?" Good luck - I have bins of lines and make a goal every once in awhile to empty a bin - I don't think it has happened yet. Love your completed quilts. You have your spools one too - isn't that Fig Tree?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well if you've got Fig Tree fabrics multiplying in that basket, I'd say, "Keep that basket!" Every line of Fig Tree is beautiful, and one of the wonderful things about them is that many of the fabrics from different lines go together. I hope you are having fun with these fabrics - I can't wait to see what you make next.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post made me laugh out loud. Maybe "figs and loaves" instead of fishes. ;)
    Your quilts are really very lovely. I really should just glance at your posts and get off your blog asap; I just clicked on Fig Tree fabrics and have discovered another addiction. :(

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.