Tuesday, March 5, 2013

More Inspiration From The Quilt Fest of New Jersey

More from the quilt show!  One of the exhibits I enjoyed was a collection of quilts from Glorious Color using Kaffe Fassett fabrics. 

This called Cascade, by Corienne Kramer.  Fabulous color combination!  And easy construction; just rectangles and squares, pieced on the diagonal.



This large snowball quilt must have started with the striped fabric used in the border.  All the colors found in the stripes are repeated in the floral prints used for the snowballs while the fabric used for the corner triangles softens the look.


Here;'s a close-up:




Here's the same block, only smaller, for a baby quilt.  This is called Baby Pastel Snowball and was also made by Corienne Kramer.

 

 
 
All the glorious color inspired me; I just had to bring some home.  My only fabric purchase of the day:  6 half yard cuts of Kaffe Fassett fabric.  They will join assorted fat quarters in my stash until I figure out what to make with them. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.