Monday, June 24, 2013

Scrap Basket Monday?

We were away for a long-weekend get-away and I missed posting for Scrap Basket Sunday so I'll make do with Monday evening.  I did make some progress during the week on my setting squares.  Now I have enough of them to show you what I'm planning with the setting of my Lemoyne stars.

 
The blocks are on point so I will need setting triangles for the edges.  I'm planning to continue the secondary design out further, so the squares extend beyond the stars.  But this will give you an idea of my intent.



Here's a close-up that shows how the design is formed.  From a distance, the small brown squares look like sashing but they are actually made up of four-patch blocks in the corners of the setting squares.   

You may also have noticed that my second-generation design wall is not working as well as the first did.  It is less cumbersome and less of an eyesore, but not quite as functional.  It has a tendency to shed its blocks and that won't do!  I may soon be working on design wall 3.0.

Click over to Kim's blog to see what other scrappers are up to.



6 comments:

  1. Your stars are gorgeous... and I really love your idea for the alternate block. So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like what the dark/black fabric in the setting squares is bringing to the party! It's adding some nice sparkle and dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for putting them on the board so we could see how they'll look--fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those blocks are beautiful - and I love the setting you're using too! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is coming along so nice. I love the blocks and the setting.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.