Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Quilt Sampler Spring 2014

The spring edition of Quilt Sampler is out.  That means it is time for my semi-annual virtual shop hop. 



I especially like this edition and spent some enjoyable time with it over several evenings last week.  Mini quilts are currently in vogue, with several designers "downsizing" their regular patterns into smaller sizes.  Look at these cool minis at this shop in Canada (the store, Quilt Junction, is housed in a former train station).

 
I want to make some minis now; must add a few to my list.
 
Each store featured in Quilt Sample provides a quilt project and there are several that I like in this issue.  The first is Defining Lines, from Valli & Kim in Texas. 

 
The construction is similar to the Spider Web block, except made with large pieces of fabric rather than strings. 
 
I also like this project called Sunrise, which I think might have been made from a Kona Sunrise jelly roll.  If only I did not have so many projects in the queue already!

 
 
And there is Ebb & Flow from All In Stitches in Minnesota.   I like the colors and the use of different blocks in one design.


 
 
 
Quilt Sampler had some reading competition from The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt.  I thought it was fantastic, like Charles Dickens came back to life in the 21st century and wrote a new book.  If you are looking for a book to read, and don't mind a long one (774 pages), I highly recommend it.  
  

1 comment:

  1. Have you seen the new Fig Tree minis? Great way to use up your fig tree stash :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.