Monday, July 28, 2014

Playing Catch-Up

I never meant to be away from the blog so long but I've been doing a lot of this lately.

 
 
Can you see me waving from the window?  My best trip was to Seattle.  I went for a conference, arriving a few days early to fit in some personal travel time.  


This old building in the Pioneer Square area holds a bakery cafe - yummy food.

 
The Utilitkilt store in Pioneer Square.  Kilts aren't just for Scotsmen any more!

 
The Public Market in Pike Place - a wonderful place to visit, like a farmer's market on steroids.  Lots of food, lots of flowers, even crafts.

 
All Saints store, across the street from Nordstrom's.  The glare in the window makes it hard to see but all the store windows were full of old sewing machines. 
 


At Chihuly Garden & Glass; this is a glass ceiling.  I loved this place, full of inspiration.

 
This installation in a giant glass green house was my favorite. 

 
This may be the inspiration for a quilt!
 
This hasn't been the summer of quilting for me, especially with all the travel, but I have made some progress on my Double Wedding Ring project.  I finished many more clamshell blocks and have a plan for the entire quilt.  More on this project very soon.
 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're having a perfect summer! Travel is so fun -- cold weather will be here soon and THEN you can quilt.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.