Monday, November 3, 2014

Blocks...Check!

65 herringbone blocks finished, finally!  Next step is to agonize over the layout then sew them together.  This quilt won't have borders.



To refresh your memory (it's been a while since I started this project), I am making a quilt called Pattern Play, from the June 2104 issue of American Patchwork and Quilting magazine.  It will look like the quilt below, except I used a different color palette for my version.



I found the directions in the magazine to be exceptionally clear and complete.  The blocks are made out of rectangles, then trimmed down to size.  There is a fair amount of waste but they go together pretty easily.  Importantly, there are very clear trimming instructions for the blocks, with photos.  Trimming was a breeze.  Regulars here have been treated in the past to my rants on vague trimming instructions!  But quite the opposite case this time.


Thank you, APQ!

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see it together. There's a real knack to writing directions and some designers have it and some clearly don't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing your blocks ! Looking forward to seeing this quilt completed

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this pattern when I saw it. Look forward to seeing your take on it when it's all together.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.