Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Pieceful Update

Thank you for your kind notes about Reggie.  We miss him but are adjusting.  Working on my current quilting project has been a great comfort.  Quilts in general are comforting of course, and having this hobby to occupy me has been a help.

So I made more progress on my super scrappy Fig Tree project, code named Pieceful.  When I last posted about this project, I had finished a few blocks like this, Block 1.


For the design to come together, Block 1 gets combined with Block 2 (below).  I'm nearly done with all the Block 2s.  I need 25 of each block.  (Actually, I need 49 blocks in total, 25 of one and 24 of the other.  But I'm not sure which block I want to go in the corners so I'm making 25 of each one so I can test out both layouts and go with the one I prefer.)


Block 2 has allowed me to use all the cream colored prints, the backgrounds and "neutrals" that I did not use in my other Fig Tree Harvest quilts.  In my prior projects, I used just one background or neutral, usually a solid white or tone-on-tone.  But Pieceful is super-scrappy, with even the background block being pieced from lots of different fabrics.  

I laid out a few blocks to see how they look and I like the way they come together for the Irish Chain effect.  I think this might be a quintuple Irish Chain.  


By the way, in case you are wondering, I cut each piece 2 inches square (1.5 inches finished) so each block is 11 inches square (10.5 inches finished).  The finished quilt will be about 72 inches square.


 photo signature_zps7mcw44cc.png

4 comments:

  1. Love your quilt. It's kind of a cross between an Irish Chain and a granny square to me. Fig Tree fabrics are just so restful. I can't wait to see the finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite size! I really like how this is coming together>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. The red accent is perfect with all those wonderful scraps

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work ♥ Have a lovely weekend♥

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - thanks for taking the time to leave a message.